Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009

As I write this bog, I'm trying to make Amish White Bread for the first time. In 2008, I gave away my bread maker...so now I have to try and make it the old fashion way. I'll post pictures when it's done. I sure hope it works out~!

So I'm hoping 2009 will be different than 2008. While I learned many lessons during the year of 2008...I hope to not have to learn them again. I look forward to the Lord teaching me new lessons every day. I hope to appreciate Him more as the year goes on. I hope to share Him with the people around me. I know that He is ever present and truly wants to be apart of our lives today... and I hope to hear His voice and follow it.

Tasks I want to complete This year...
  1. I would like to learn how to make bread & rolls. I want to master the tricks to making a scrumptious batch of buns...that everyone is dying to eat and raving about after they are done. Pretty much - Jen, you need to share your secrets~! Those rolls you made for Christmas were delicious. I want it to become a task that is easy and I don't really have to think about, just have to do it.
  2. I would like to make a quilt...Donette has been an inspiration to me...and I'm looking forward to completing the task this year. It's time for fun and color to enter our house. I'm hoping to make the quilt for our guest bedroom.
  3. I would like to complete some nice purses...with the fabric that I already have...I need to use that up~!
  4. I would also like to learn how to use my camera better...maybe I need to take a class~! I think that would be fun too. Another way to meet new people.
  5. I would like to run a half-marathon. Last year, I started training for one, but then started working alot of hours....so that put the kabosch on it. So I think I'll try again.


Last year
  • I learned how to make Pita Bread (Farm Girl Fare's Recipe) It's awesome...my husband loves it. I make it often...and we use it as pizza crust. Pizza crust for Peanut Butter Pizza. Which was an accomplishment last year, I learned how to make the pizza sauce from scratch~!
  • my mom taught me how to make Homemade Laundry Soap - which I now love. Who wouldn't love washing their clothes when it only costs pennies a load~! I'm looking forward to making more batches this year...and investing in some essential oils to make it smell "pretty". What everyone wants - Pretty smelling clothes right?
  • Leah taught me how to make mittens from Wool Sweaters. I loved this craft~! My hadns were so warm during hunting this year~! I'm looking forward to making more of these mittens and perfecting the thumbs :) I'm also looking forward to getting the new patterns from her also. Thanks Leah~!
  • Leah also taught me how to make an apron...which I love and use often~! I've started making them now in my free time...and am in love with them. I'm having a hard time thinking about giving them away...but how many aprons does one person need really. I can't wait to post pictures of the apron we made....and the new ones that I'm making. This was such a fun project.
  • Last year, I also made Suit Purses...and I'm looking forward to working on more of them this year...They need some work before I can be comfortable with putting them on etsy.
  • I also made Market Bags...which I can't wait to make more of~! Boy, I need to get my sewing machine out and get it oiled...I want to start sewing now~!
  • I also got 2
    dogs last year....Chloe & Ellie. Ellie came to us in the end of January. She's my baby...it's been fun having her rambunctious energy in the house. She's such a stinker~! Chloe came for a visit in June...and stayed. She's been so good for Ellie. They love playing together and running crazy through the house. They love getting their owner out of the house and going on walks (which has been good for me too). This next year, I hope to spend more time training them. They sit right now for about 2 seconds...I wonder if they have a longer attention span at times? I just realized that I don't have any pictures of Chloe on this computer...I'll have to add those later.
  • Things I was able to do while in WI...Work in the NICU with all my friends :) It was good to catch up with them all. I will miss them. I miss RJ & Kim too. I wish that I could see them again. If any of you have her number...I would like it. I was able to see all my Wisconsinite friends...Becky & her kids, Leah, Allison & her family, Kari, & Seth. The time I got to spend with you all was awesome. Thanks for getting together with me while I was there. I'm so thankful for that time. I was also able to spend lots of time with my cousin & friend - Erin (my twin) We were able to work together, go to a Packer game together, dinner at her parents house, going to Beauty & the Beast, we went to the movies and had a sleepover~! I love you Erin, I'm thankful for the time we got to spend together. Work will definitely never pass as quickly anywhere else...without you there. AND- I got to spend time with Lydia....I love that girl...she's so much fun~! Brings a smile to my face everytime I think of her. Thanks for spilling the beans too :) I was also able to spend time with my immediate family. I was able to take many shopping trips with my sister-in-laws and mom to Goodwill...PRETTY much my favorite store anywhere~! We found so many good deals...Cole, Sarah, and I went deer shining...good times, but it seems to me there use to be way more deer years ago. I was also able to go hunting this year....which was lots of fun and freezing cold~! Wish I could have seen and shot the 30 pointer. I was able to pend time with my niece and nephews...I was always concerned that Caleb wouldn't know who I was...it was so nice to have him running to me in excitement when I would come to his house. I love you guys~! I enjoyed making donuts, helping with chores, collecting chicken eggs, riding 4 wheeler, going bowling, spending the night at Grandma's house and at your house. You all teach me new things every time I hang out with you. You each have amazing little personalities that I love watching. I can't believe how well you are reading Lucas...you are a very smart boy. Hailey, I love watching you try new things, not being afraid, and always helping others. Caleb, you are a bundle of energy~!!!! We are going to have to find a way to trap that energy and give some of it to your auntie~ :) Brandon, you are so easy going...I'm looking forward to seeing you grow...you are such a little bruit. Wilson, thanks for putting up with Chloe & Ellie, I think you taught them a thing or two. They haven't fought once since we've gotten home. Mom & Dad, thanks for putting up with me while I was there. It was so nice to be in the country and able to just relax...picking apples, kale, & baking. I love being at home. There's something SWEET about going back to where you grew up. I'm thankful for the days I worked 7a-7pm...my dad & I were able to ride to work together...it was nice to be able to catch up on those drives. Mom, thanks for encouraging me and praying with me. There is so much that I could write about...I tried to high-lite bits and pieces of it...
Well, I can smell the bread baking now, and it's about ready to come out of the oven...so I guess it's about time to end this post, but I hope to keep up with it this year.

I love you all~!

May God Bless you and keep you and may His face shine upon you.

No comments: