Sunday, January 18, 2009

1/365


So I officially started the whole working on a craft every day today. I was planning on working on the mittens for my cousin, but last night I laid out the fabric for a scrap quilt...and it was calling my name all day~!!! So, I gave in and worked on it. I know have strips of all the scraps sewn together, but as I was working on it today ~ another idea came to mind...and I decided that I'm going to make 2 small lap quilts out of the scraps instead of a big quilt. I can't wait to make my idea a reality. It's been so fun working on this quilt, because it makes me think of all the other crafts that I have worked on...with these fabrics in them. Tim informed me that these quilts aren't really his style. He'd prefer that I make a brown quilt. So that may be next on my list of things to do. I'll have my quilts full of color and he can have his brown quilt that he enjoys. He also informed me that Frank, my beloved sock monkey (that I was going to give him) is not his style either. He'd rather have a brown one. I'm gonna have to go find some real sock monkey socks...I think that may be his style. I told him I thought he was being a bit picky, but he just reminded me that he knows what he likes. I'm thankful for that - That's probably why I don't have a style...because I like everything~!!!!

Yesterday, I was listening to a message...and the pastor read Psalm 1, 16, and 103 in a row...and they have been such a blessing to me. The beginning of Ps 103 starts out "Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits - Who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's." I feel so full of God's love right now...as though He is giving me a big hug and letting me know He loves me. I am so thankful for the price that Jesus paid for me. His dying on the cross has made it possible for me to have a relationship with the Lord that none other can supply. He has forgiven my sins and made me white as snow. There is nothing that I did to deserve this. Later on in this chapter it says that he has removed our sins from us as far as the east is from the west...that's almost unthinkable~! Praise the Lord, O my soul~! Thank you Lord for all the blessings you give each and everyone of us. Help us to focus on those things and share them with those around us~! I also know that even though I feel full of God's love today doesn't mean that I have more of it today than other days...I am just more aware of it today. God's love doesn't change and for that I am thankful. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

No comments: